EFCI’s Covid-19 actions
Providing among others sanitisation and disinfection operations, the Cleaning and Facility Services sector continues to be at the forefront of the fight against Covid-19. The sector has been widely acknowledged in its key role not only to contain the outbreak of the disease but also to prevent the virus’ propagation and guaranteeing the health and wellbeing of users in buildings, infrastructures, healthcare facilities, schools, public transports, industrial or cultural spaces and touristic facilities.
Cleaning companies and agents are ready to continue supporting Europe through the current global health crisis. To make this possible, decision-makers must actively support the sector, which is and has been severely hit by the closures of buildings and infrastructures. A sectoral approach analysing the consequences of the containment measures in the different economic ecosystems is needed in order to ensure a successful recovery for all.
This page highlights EFCI and its members’ main actions to support companies and advocate for the sectors’ needs to continue containing the spread of the virus also during Europe’s recovery phase.
EFCI’s Vision on the Role of the Industry in the Post Covid-19 Europe
In June 2020 the EFCI presented its vision on the key role and needs of the European industrial cleaning sector in the Post Covid-19 Europe
To the Vision Paper
EFCI 2020 Report: is the industry ready for the Covid-19 impact?
On 10 June 2020 the EFCI organised a webinar discussion to (i) present EFCI’s 2020 Report and (ii) analyse present and future trends of the cleaning sector also in light of the Covid-19 crisis perspective.
EFCI’s #InGoodHands Campaign
During April 2020, in a crucial moment of the Covid-19 outbreak, the EFCI launched a pan-European campaign (#InGoodhands) to give wider visibility to the paramount role that cleaning agents and companies played in the context of the Covid-19 outbreak. At the end of May 2020, the EFCI launched the second chapter, explaining the sector‘s essential role in #HelpingEuropeReopenand voicing its specific needs to support Europe’s economic and social recovery. Discover our 2 weeks campaign on EFCI’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.Discover our 3 weeks campaign on EFCI’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
Public statements on Covid-19
EFCI Members main actions
- Since October 2020 and in the context of the second wave of the pandemic, ANIP- Confindustria’s President renewed in a Press Release the sector’s concern for the internalisation of cleaning in schools and other public infrastructures.
- Since early March, ANIP-Confindustria has engaged in the social media campaign #InBuoneMani.Discover the Campaign on Twitter and LinkedIn
- In April 2020 ANIP – Confindustria set up a Task Force and Contact Centre with experts to assist cleaning companies. Reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org, +39 06 591253 or www.associazione-anip.it
- Since March 2020, Allpura engaged in the SAUBER = SICHER (CLEAN = SAFE) campaign highlighting the essential role and needs of the cleaning industry to safeguarding public health. The campaign can be followed on Allpura LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Allpura published a dedicated Covid-19 webpage to support the industry with webinars, updates and technical recommendations.
- In September 2020 ASPEL launched the campaign “Cleaning, the value of the essential” in order to give wider visibility to the essential role cleaning plays to contain the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. See the campaign and other advocacy activities through ASPEL website, twitter account.
- In March -April 2020 WKO/BIG published a Webpage on Covid-19 technical recommendations for companies through and a Webpage dedicated to advocacy activities, including articles and interviews on various media channels.
- In November 2020 BIV published the results of the survey on “cleanliness in Germany’s schools” and launched the second phase of the campaign “#Rückendeckung” to promote the sectors’ attractiveness and relevance in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic and at large.
- In October 2020 BIV published the results of a survey on the state of the sector since the beginning of the pandemic.
- In April 2020 BIV published the results of a Public consultation on the public perception of importance of cleaning agents against Covid19; A Guide on the necessary cleaning operations for a safe reopening of schools; A list of recommended actions for building cleaning in view of reopening.
- In November 2020 FEP issued two new infographic complementing the 3 Prevention Contamination COVID-19 issued in April 2020 to apply the national “post-confinement” protocols in several working sites
- In May 2020 FEP launched the Campaign “Useful to everybody” on television and through a dedicated website; A Bluebook “Exiting the Covid-19 crisis” with technical recommendations and ad-hoc protocols for the resumption of activities.
- In April 2020 FEP published the results of the survey “Impacts of Covid-19 on cleaning companies” through an infographic; A Practical Guide on COVID19: business continuity and prevention measures.
- Toolbox with resources to support companies and employees in resuming on-site professional activities.
Other initiatives in the cleaning sector
- Dedicated webpage to support authorities and healthcare professionals to ensure the availability of essential cleaning, hygiene and disinfectant products.
- Practical Guide on Biocidal Products Regulations (BPR) and equivalent laws at national level.